Freeride at Nordkette
Long before the first gondola goes up Innsbruck's Nordkette in winter, the first freeriders gather at Hungerburg. A place in the first gondola must be secured to make one of the first tracks in the snow!
The incredible view of the snow-covered city, the endlessly lined-up peaks of the surrounding mountains and especially the Hafelekar Run make the Nordkette a unique ski area and leave impressions that stay.
Europe’s steepest ski route
Every free rider’s heart starts beating faster at the Hafelekar. The Hafelekar Run is one of the steepest ski runs in Europe. With an incline of 70%, this ski run is reserved for extremely good riders. When the powder is at its best, it is more likely for some locals to be at the Hafelekar than at the workplace. The run for all those who like the extreme!
Every freerider's heart starts beating faster at the Hafelekar. The Hafelekar Run is one of the steepest ski routes in Europe. With a gradient of 70%, this ski route is reserved for real experts. The descent for all those who like it extreme!
Especially powder snow days are in great demand. When there is fresh snow, many locals are more likely to be found at the Nordkette than at their workplace!
Safety und Facts
- Snow-Hotline: Tel: +43 512 29334415
- For safety reasons, the Innsbruck Avalanche Commission and the Nordkette Cable Railways check the avalanche situation in the ski area on a daily basis. Heavy snowfall can lead to delays in the operation of the ski area
- You are entering high-alpine terrain. Alpine experience, a keen sense for assessing risk as well as avalanche rescue equipment is strictly necessary
- Please follow the cable railway operator’s instructions
- Inform yourself about the current avalanche situation before commencing your ride off-piste
Go from the heart of Innsbruck to the slopes in just 20 minutes. Due to the fast connection to the city, nothing can stop you from having fun after university or a short working day.
The Cloud 9 - Innsbruck's highest sun terrace - invites you to relax and enjoy the fantastic view over the city with a cool drink and cozy music.